In a Nutshell
A positive, real-world approach for youth.
- Structured, supervised environment for youth ages 12-18
- Reintegrates youth into the community
- Offers positive life experiences
- Builds mental and physical health
- Develops tools for becoming successful, responsible adults
- Non-traditional education through the Transitional Opportunity Center
- Restorative Justice projects
- Personalized emancipation program
Contact Residential Youth Services
1405 Wellington Ave
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Community-based Treatment and Education for Challenged Youth
Hilltops Residential Youth Services (RYS) is a safe, nurturing, residential program providing comprehensive guidance and treatment for youth and their families.
Located on a 7-acre campus, this unique program is designed to promote behavioral and academic improvement through therapeutic, social, educational and recreational programming.
Who we serve
- Young people ages 12-18
- Youth who have demonstrated significant mental health needs and cannot be maintained in a less-restrictive setting
- Those in need of services regarding physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse, neglect, or chemical dependency
As a 40-bed facility, with separate residences for boys and girls, RYS serves young people who have encountered difficulty at home, school, and in the community.
Teaching through work and play.
- Team-building courses designed to increase: communication, decision-making and problem solving skills
- Facing fears and taking safe risks on the High Ropes Challenge Course
- Adventure trips to teach the skills of healthful living
- Learning good work ethics and giving back to the community through service projects
- Serving public and private business, schools and youth groups/programs
Our caring staff is ready to help you!
Download the RYS Brochure
For more information on the RYS program, click the PDF icon to the left to download the RYS brochure (338Kb).