Kinda Healthy Chicken Parmesan
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 – 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 large white onion
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
29 oz can plain tomato sauce
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
2 teaspoons italian seasoning
cup fresh basil lightly chopped
box dry pasta – cooked
2 cups parmesan and mozzerella mixed
- Julianne the Peppers & Onions Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix diced tomatoes / sauce / garlic / evoo / basil (sauce is meant to be thin.)
- Spread a small amount of tomato sauce just to cover the bottom.\
- Mix the peppers/onions in to sauce.
- Place uncooked chicken in pan on sauce.
- Cover w/sauce cover with parchment paper and foil
- Bake at 350 20-25 minutes, uncover add cheese, cook 10 more minutes – uncovered.
- Serve on top of hot pasta.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaf.